(940) 382-5328 Ext. 69
Cell: (972) 972-4964
The best way to reach me is to email me at my Direct Email Address.
Individual, Play Therapy and Family Counseling
Client Age: 3 years old and older
Offices: Denton and Lewisville
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
About Me: I have a longtime passion for helping people pursue and maintain sobriety as well as supporting their loved ones.
I believe that every individual is worthy of love and respect. I was a classroom teacher for more than twenty-five years. This is a second career for me and allows me to continue to serve others. I love working with young children and incorporate play therapy into my practice. I work with individuals as well as families and enjoy helping people explore their values and empower them in reaching their goals.
Creating community by spending quality time with family and friends is important to me. When I’m not working, I like to be outdoors, garden, hike, Jazzercise, and attend live music events.
American Counseling Association (ACA)
Texas Association of Play Therapy (TAPT)
Texas Network of Youth Services (TNOYS)
• Children and their families
• Adolescents and their families
• Parents and their families
• Individuals and families who have been affected by substance abuse
• Play Therapy
• Coping with anxiety and stress
• Grief and loss
• Exploration towards life’s journeys
Most Frequently Recommended Reading for Clients:
• How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adelle Faber & Elaine Mazlish
• Anxiety Relief for Teens: Essential CBT Skills and Mindfulness Practices… by Regine Galanti, PhD
• Parenting ADHD NOW!:Easy Intervention Strategies to Empower Kids… by Elaine Taylor Klaus and Diane Dempster
• Co-Dependent No More by Melody Beattie