Clinical Supervisors: Tammy Weppelman and Sadaf Meckfessel
Individuals, Family, and Play Therapy
Direct Phone Line: (972) 366-5003
The best way to reach me is to email me at my Direct Email Address.
Offices: Lewisville and Farmers Branch
Counseling Fee $90
Master of Science in Counseling and Development
University of North Texas
Bachelor of Science in Child Development
Texas Woman’s University
Licensed Professional Counselor Associate (LPC Associate)
About Me: I have many clinical interests but my passion lies in working with those that, for whatever reason, have come to feel “othered.” Whether by family or societal expectations, our political landscape, or even self-imposed criticisms, so many of us have dealt with feelings of shame, guilt and confusion. My hope is to guide people through the process of unlearning that which has led them to doubt or reject their uniqueness.
Prior to becoming a therapist, I spent years working with LGBTQ+ youth and their families, as well as individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities. I’ve had the opportunity to support others who have felt “othered.” As a social justice advocate, it is my desire to walk beside others in these situations and provide support and guidance as they come to accept their whole selves.
When I’m not working, my favorite things to do are watch scary movies, garden, kayak, and look up fun recipes to experiment with in the kitchen. My most listened to Spotify channels are Bjork Radio, Shoegaze and Dream Pop Classics, and Atmospheric Focus.
Texas Counseling Association
(Please note: this list does not indicate preference or particular order)
• Adults who feel stuck
• Life after a pandemic- Navigating our world since COVID
• Building resiliency and self-esteem with children and teens who feel “othered” by society
• Supporting LGBTQ+ kids and teens as they explore gender and sexuality
• Supporting LGBTQ+ families through education and advocacy
• Helping children build social and emotional skills through child-centered play therapy
• Person-centered therapy for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities
• Supporting adult guardians of “othered” child or teen who may face burn out, grief, shame, and other concerns
• Providing parents/guardians with tools and techniques to improve relationship with their child or teen
• Strategies for isolation among the senior population/ seniors
• Supporting those who have experienced thoughts of suicide
• Supporting those who have lost a loved one to suicide