Specialized Skills for Divorced, Divorcing or Never-Married Parents
[Meets Requirements of Texas Family Code Section 105.009 “Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course “]
Research suggests that the divorce is not the cause of children’s problems. The risk of problems increase when children are drawn into their parent’s conflict, lose contact with a parent, and/or experience significant environmental changes.
This is a four hour educational workshop. It is designed to provide parents with the information and skills needed to minimize the impact of divorce on their children and maximize their parenting skills in their life long parenting relationship. The Workshop takes no position on divorce being good or bad. Divorces occur and the potential damage to children can be prevented. The Workshop is educational and participants should not expect to receive legal advice or counseling in this workshop.
By the end of the workshop, Parents will know the importance of and learn some techniques to:
- Avoid/Resolve parental conflict without involving their children;
- Provide for free and frequent access to both parents; and
- Create child environments that are consistent, predictable and structured.
Counseling Center of Lewisville
326 Edmonds Lane, Suite 103
Lewisville, Texas 75067
$55 per person
Attend for Free
Your entire fee may be covered by the Family Tree Program.
Click HERE to learn more!
10 am – 2 pm
CLASS SIZE IS REDUCED TO PERMIT SOCIAL DISTANCING.
- Pre-registration is required.
- No child-care is provided.
- Workshops start on time.
- Divorcing couples do not have to attend together.
- If you don’t attend, your fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Questions? (940) 382-5328
|GO TO THERAPIST PAGE||EXT.||E-MAIL ADDRESS||LOC|
|REBEKAH CHRISTNER, LPC-S||21||RCHRISTNER@CCDCOUNSELING.COM||D, L|
Space is limited, so REGISTER EARLY!